October 24, 2008
release is provided as an online download or on CD.
Please note that product documentation is provided in electronic format only.
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher to view the documentation.
It is provided on the Foresight Imaging Software & Documentation CD (p/n 042700-250) or can be downloaded at:
********* About the IDEA 2.5 Update Release ********
* This release is necessary to support the AccuStream 170+ frame grabber. The AccuStream170+ is a functionally equivalent replacement for the Accustream 170. In order to use the AccuStream 170+ with the IDEA 2.5 software, you must install this update software.
********* Installing the IDEA 2.5 Update Release ********
* There are two parts to this install:
1. User-level software which includes the library (hdpw32.dll).
1. The hardware device driver (fsi.sys).
* Installing the user-level software:
· From the CD, change to the Setup folder and run the setup.exe application.
you have a normal installation of
IDEA 2.5, the setup will automatically replace the HDPW32.DLL. A normal
is defined as one in which the above software was placed in the default folders. For IDEA 2.5, the default folders were:
· \Program Files\Foresight\Idea\System – for HDPW32.DLL.
· If the above software is not found in the expected folders, you will be prompted as to which folder to place each component. You must specify a folder for HDPW32.DLL, as no application software can function without it.
· In either case, if a previous version of the software exists, it will be saved with a _BAK appended to the base name, i.e. the original IDEA 2.5 HDPW32.DLL will become HDPW32_BAK.DLL
· Note: Because of these updates, the un-install of IDEA 2.5 will not automatically delete either the _BAK files or the replacement files. Should you need to uninstall IDEA 2.5 you will have to manually delete these files.
· In addition to the above mentioned software, a new firmware file Accustream170X.JBC will be placed in the folder with the firmware files for the other frame grabbers.
* Installing the hardware device driver.
· Power off the computer and install the AccuStream 170+ frame grabber. After rebooting, you should get the Plug and Play manager notification about the new hardware. Direct it to the Drivers\Win32 folder on the CD and use the fsi.inf file.
********* Important Notes About the IDEA 2.5 Update Release ********
The AccuStream 170+ is functionally equivalent to the AccuStream 170. All software APIs will function exactly as
with the original board. However,
because there are changes in hardware you may notice some differences in the
resulting images. If the AccuStream 170+
is being used as a replacement in an existing installation, you may need to
tune such parameters as brightness, contrast or the framing of the image. These adjustments can be made by opening the
For additional information or assistance, contact Foresight Imaging Technical Support at:
Phone: + 978 458-4624 x244
Fax: + 978 458-5488
To obtain the latest updates access: